MIX contents of 2 (same-flavored) KOOL-AID envelopes with 2 Tbsp. water in 6- to 8-oz. container; stir to dissolve drink mixes. Repeat in 3 separate containers with remaining KOOL-AID envelopes.
PLACE eggs on cooling rack in sink; rinse eggs with tap water.
SPOON KOOL-AID mixtures, 1 at a time, over wet eggs to create tie-dye patterns. Repeat with remaining eggs.
POUR a little tap water over each egg to set colors. Use tongs to transfer eggs to paper towel-covered baking sheet to dry. Rinse sink immediately as needed.
How to Make Solid-Colored Easter Eggs:
Pour contents of 1 envelope of each KOOL-AID color into separate 10- to-12 oz. container. Add 2/3 cup water to each; stir to dissolve drink mix. Use spoon to place 1 hard-cooked egg in each cup, keeping egg submerged until desired color is reached. Continue with remaining eggs. Let dry as directed above.
What You Need
Prep Time: 20 min. | Makes: 18 servings
- 2 envelopes (0.13 to 0.16 oz. each) KOOL-AID Unsweetened Drink Mix, any red color (try Cherry, Black Cherry, Strawberry or Tropical Punch flavor)
- 2 envelopes (0.14 oz. to 0.15 oz. each) KOOL-AID Unsweetened Drink Mix, any orange color (try Orange, Mango or Peach Mango flavor)
- 2 envelopes (0.13 oz. to 0.23 oz. each) KOOL-AID Unsweetened Drink Mix, any yellow or green color (try Lemonade, Piña or Lemon-Lime flavor)
- 2 envelopes (0.22 oz. each) KOOL-AID Unsweetened Drink Mix, any blue color (try Mixed Berry or Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade flavor)
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1 – 1/2 doz. hard-cooked eggs, cooled
Special Extra: Place assorted rubber bands around hard-cooked eggs before dipping in cups of KOOL-AID mixtures; let dry completely before removing rubber bands. For a two-tone effect, dip the dry colored eggs again in a lighter-colored prepared KOOL-AID.
Substitute: Experiment with other KOOL-AID flavors for different color patterns.
Tip: Wear disposable gloves.