Prep Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 30 Min
1/2 cup sweet onions, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 cans pinto beans, drained (15 oz)
1 can Muir Glen® diced tomatoes (15 oz)
1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp honey
salt and pepper
fresh minced parsley, garnish
1. In a medium pot over medium heat, melt butter. Once melted, add onions and garlic and cook, stirring regularly, until vegetables soften, about five minutes.
2. Stir in drained beans, Muir Glen® diced tomatoes (with liquid), and vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer.
3. Season the beans with honey, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Continue to simmer the beans, stirring regularly, for 15 minutes until the beans thicken slightly.
5. Keep warm over low heat until time to serve.
These beans go great with any grilled meat. Also try serving them with a hearty Irish breakfast of sausages, sautéed mushrooms, toast, and eggs.
2013 © and ®/™ of General Mills