Sierra Nevada Beer Recall – Limited to WinCo Texas Stores ONLY & Other Impacted Retailers
On January 19, 2017 a glass packaging flaw was found at the Sierra Nevada brewery in Mills River, North Carolina. As a result, a voluntary recall of 12-ounce bottles in 6-, 12- and 24-pack (cases) of the following beers, packaged at the Mills River facility between 12/5/16 and 1/13/17 was announced for the following products/lots:
· Pale Ale 12-ounce bottles in 6-, 12- and 24-pack (cases) packaged 12/5/16-1/8/17
· Beer Camp Golden IPA 12-ounce bottles in 6- and 12-pack (cases) packaged 12/5/16-1/13/17
· Sidecar Orange Pale Ale 12-ounce bottles in 6- and 12-pack (cases) packaged 12/5/16-1/13/17
· Torpedo Extra IPA 12-ounce bottles in 6- and 12-pack (cases) packaged 12/5/16-1/13/17
· Tropical Torpedo 12-ounce bottles in 6-packs packaged 12/5/16-1/13/17
· Nooner 12-ounce bottles in 6-packs packaged 12/5/16-1/13/17
· Hop Hunter 12-ounce bottles in 6- and 12-pack (cases) packaged 12/5/16-1/13/17
· Otra Vez 12-ounce bottles in 6-packs packaged 12/5/16-1/13/17
This recall comes after quality inspections at the Mills River brewery detected a very limited number of bottles with a flaw that may cause a small piece of glass to break off and possibly fall into the bottle, creating a risk for injury. The specifics of the affected beer include those brands listed above with a packaging date that falls within the range with a code of “M” (Mills River) and not “C” (Chico), which is all information that can be found printed on the packaging or shoulder of the bottle. To-date, there has not been any reports of injuries resulting from the potentially affected bottles.
Consumers should contact 800-596-7835 or visit sierranevada.com/qualitymatters for more information and/or to report purchase.
About WinCo Foods:
WinCo Foods is a regional grocery retailer, originally founded in 1967 in Boise, Idaho and employee-owned since 1985. WinCo Foods is owned by hardworking individuals in each community it calls home, currently employing over 16,000 individuals and operating 113 Employee-Owned Stores in eight states (Arizona, Idaho, California, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington).
Customers and those wanting to learn more about WinCo Foods, are encouraged to join the conversation at www.facebook.com/winco.official.page - an online community of customers and employee owners having daily conversations about WinCo Foods.