WinCo Produce: Quality, selection and value; straight from the orchard & farm to your store.
Imagine having your own farm where just steps from each other you could pick the sweetest fruits and enjoy the greenest greens…all at the lowest possible price. Well, imagine no more. WinCo Foods is proud to offer you an amazing selection of produce that is as fresh as if the orchard was right in your store. The produce that is eaten at your table is the very same that your farming neighbors and our trusted partners have grown and nurtured with love and care. Whether it comes from the very communities we call home, or from our friends in areas fit to grow the wide selection you love; our mission is to bring you the highest quality produce at the lowest possible price.
Favorite Family Recipes Dinner in a Pumpkin
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 1 tbsp oil or butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (can use canned mushrooms)
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- To ripen quickly, place bananas inside a paper bag, folding/wrapping the end so bag is closed.
- Use your nose to find the best cantaloupe. Ripe cantaloupe will smell very sweet and will be your best pick.
- Choose oranges that are firm and heavy for their size. The juiciest, sweetest oranges will have a sweet, clean fragrance.
- To find the best watermelons, tap it with a flat, open hand. A deep and thick sound will give you the best chances at finding a ripe and sweet melon.
- Choose cucumbers that have a good green color and are firm throughout. Good cucumbers usually have small bumps on the surface.
Favorite Family Recipes Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 2 Lbs. red potatoes
- 1 Lb. brussels sprouts
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. rosemary (optional)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2. lb. bacon, lightly cooked and cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Scrub and rinse the potatoes. Pat dry and dice into 1″ pieces.
- Wash Brussels sprouts and trim off the ends, slice in half length-wise….
For full instructions and details, visit Favorite Family Recipes
In Season, Fall/Winter 2016
- Brussels Sprouts
- Winter Squash