WinCo Produce: Quality, selection and value; straight from the orchard & farm to your store.
Imagine having your own farm where just steps from each other you could pick the sweetest fruits and enjoy the greenest greens…all at the lowest possible price. Well, imagine no more. WinCo Foods is proud to offer you an amazing selection of produce that is as fresh as if the orchard was right in your store. The produce that is eaten at your table is the very same that your farming neighbors and our trusted partners have grown and nurtured with love and care. Whether it comes from the very communities we call home, or from our friends in areas fit to grow the wide selection you love; our mission is to bring you the highest quality produce at the lowest possible price.
- Cut the top. Take a sharp knife (serrated works best) and slice off the top of the pomegranate, just below the stem….
- Score the skin….
- Break apart….
- Remove the arils (seeds)…
Source: For more details, visit Our Best Bites
- To ripen quickly, place bananas inside a paper bag, folding/wrapping the end so bag is closed.
- Use your nose to find the best cantaloupe. Ripe cantaloupe will smell very sweet and will be your best pick.
- Choose oranges that are firm and heavy for their size. The juiciest, sweetest oranges will have a sweet, clean fragrance.
- To find the best watermelons, tap it with a flat, open hand. A deep and thick sound will give you the best chances at finding a ripe and sweet melon.
- Choose cucumbers that have a good green color and are firm throughout. Good cucumbers usually have small bumps on the surface.
In Season, Fall 2015
- Apples (Honeycrisp, Fuji, Braeburn, Pink Lady)
- Pears (Bartlett, d’Anjou, Bosc)
- Grapes (Red Seedless)
- Pomegranate, Kiwi, Persimmons
- Navel Oranges
- Yams, Sweet Potatoes
- Hard Squash – Acorn/Danish, Spaghetti, Butternut
- Broccoli, Cauliflower