News from the WinCo Produce GuyPosted: July 21, 2015 | Posted By: The Produce Guy
Summer is in full swing in the WinCo Produce Department; check out some of my top picks of the season!
- Westside Cantaloupes – some of the best flavor of the Year!
- California Grown Red & Green Seedless Grapes
- Peaches, Nectarines, Apricots
- Cutie Clementines
- Chilean Navel Oranges & Lemons
- Valencia Oranges – 4 pound bag
- Red Delicious Apples
- Northwest Cherries
- Sweet Corn, locally grown by region
- Zucchini, Yellow and Gray Squash – Grill with a little olive, or avocado oil (smokes at a lower temp than olive oil – great for grilling seafood too!)
- It’s pickling season! Look for Cucumbers, Dill Weed, Jalapenos and Garlic in your WinCo Produce Department!
- Mushrooms, Radishes, Green Onions – don’t forget the croutons and dressing!
- Jumbo Florida Slimcado
- Make Homemade Salsa with fresh Cilantro, Tomatillos, Roma Tomatoes & Onions – I love this recipe at WinCoFoods.com