News from the WinCo Produce Guy June 2016Posted: June 8, 2016 | Posted By: The Produce Guy
Did you know that June is National Fresh Fruit & Vegetable month friends?! As you can imagine, being the WinCo Produce Guy, this is my most favorite time of the year; I love all the ideas you have like grilling corn (be sure to check out the bacon wrapped corn on the cob recipe) & even grilled fruit skewers with chocolate syrup (YUM!).
It’s hard to decide what to highlight, with all the delicious flavors in the department this time of year, so I’ll give you a list of what’s in season & please share what you’ll be making with them on our Facebook page!
- Stone Fruit; Peaches, Nectarines, Plums, Pluots and Apricots
- Melons: Watermelons, Cantaloupes, Honeydews
- Grapes: Red Flame, Green and Black Seedless, Red Globe Seeded
- Sweet Corn
- Summer squash: Zucchini, Yellow and Gray
- Tomatoes: On the Vine, Beefsteak, Grape, Cherry, Yellow Cherry, Romas and Tomatillos
- Lettuce: Romaine, Green, Red, Butter and Iceberg
- Radishes, Green Onions and Cilantro
- Green beans and Sugar Peas
- New Crop Red and Yellow (Yukon) Potatoes…perfect for potato salad!
- Peppers: Green, Red, Yellow, Orange bells
- Chilies: Jalapeno, Serrano, Passila or Pablano
- Egg Plant
- Sweet Onions
Until we cross carts & savings again! =)