Try this Bairdi Snow Crab Louie Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 lb. Bairdi Crab Meat – Extracted from shell
- 8 Bib Lettuce Leaves
- ½ Head Romaine Lettuce – Torn
- 2 Beef Steak Tomatoes – Quartered
- 1 bunch Green Onions – Sliced
- 1 ripe Avocado – Sliced
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives – Sliced in half
- 4 Large hard boiled eggs – Sliced
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. Ketchup
- 2 Tsp. Prepared Horseradish
- 1 Tbs. Lemon Juice – Freshly Squeezed
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Lemon Wedges
Louie Sauce: In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, 12 green onion slices, Worcestershire and hot sauce to taste. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Thaw Bairdi crab under refrigeration immediately before using or steam frozen crab legs for 10 minutes before extracting meat from the legs and shoulders. Make sure shell and tendons are all removed. Set aside.Salad: On 4 plates place two bib lettuce leaves and evenly divide the torn romaine lettuce on top of the bib lettuce. Place the scallions, tomatoes, olives, eggs and avocado on top of the lettuce. Divide the meat evenly on top of your salad.
Serve Louie sauce on the side or dab on the top of the salad. Serve with Garlic Bread, Lemon wedges and your favorite wine, enjoy!