Image used is for illustration purposes only, actual recipe may vary.
Try this Bath Bombs (Inspired by Lush) Using Coconut Oil Recipe
Author: Recipe Provided By: Favorite Family Recipes
Prep Time: 7 Minutes
Total Time: 17 (Doesn't include 24 hour drying time) Minutes
Makes: 10-20 (Varies by mold used) Servings
Bulk Foods Recipe: Bin #1673
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 c. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. coarse sea salt
- 4 Tbsp. cream of tartar
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, warmed and softened so it’s runny.
- 2 Tbsp. flavor extract (We used ‘Lemon.’ Other ideas include: Coconut + Banana, or Cherry + Almond)
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Food coloring- a few drops of any color you want
- Plastic molds, you can use fun shapes or even ice cube trays.
Recipe Instructions:1) Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and all the wet ingredients in a small bowl.
2) Slowly pour and whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Firmly press the mixture into molds then turn over onto a large cookie sheet to dry. (If the mixture is crumbling when you turn over your molds, try whisking in a little more water.)
3) Leave molded bath bombs out to dry for at least 24 hours.
4) Add to a warm bath!