Try this BUSH’S® Nacho Average Nachos Recipe
Author: BUSH'S® Beans
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 (not including chicken cook time) Minutes
Makes: 8 Servings
- 1 can (15 oz) BUSH’S® Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) whole tomatoes with juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped jalapeno peppers
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced onion, divided
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 lb cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cups crumbled tortilla chips
- Sliced avocado
- Sour cream
1. Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; brown slightly.
2. Combine chicken (with pan juices), onion, broth, tomato sauce, cayenne, corn, potatoes and red pepper in slow cooker. Top with beans.
3. Cover and cook 3-4 hours on low.
4. Place tomatoes, jalapeno pepper and garlic in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
5. Heat oil in a large saute pan. Add 1/2 cup of the onions, saute until golden brown. Add tomato puree; cook until reduced to a thick paste (like tomato paste, about 8-10 minutes).
6. Add beans and stock; bring to a simmer 1-2 minutes. Add chicken and spinach, stir to wilt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Add tortilla chips and toss to coat. Once the tortillas have started to wilt, serve with the remaining chopped onions. Garnish with sliced avocado and sour cream, if desired.