Try this Carribean Chicken and Pineapple Salsa Recipe
Prep Time:15 Minutes
Total Time:30 Minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 1/4 cup Fiber One® original bran cereal
- 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning (dry)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped apricots or papaya, if desired
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Recipe Instructions:INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and finely crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor). Place cereal in shallow dish. Stir in jerk seasoning.
2. In large food-storage plastic bag, place chicken, buttermilk, mustard and pepper sauce. Seal bag; shake well. Remove chicken from bag; coat with cereal mixture. Place on cookie sheet.
3. Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Meanwhile, mix salsa ingredients. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Serve with chicken.