Smart Shopper Tip:Substitute: Substitute 1 lb. Italian sausage for the ground beef.
Extra Special: Brown meat with 1 tsp. Italian seasoning and 3 minced garlic cloves.
Nutrition Bonus: This easy-to-make meal is a good source of calcium from the cheese.
Try this Easy Italian Pasta Bake Recipe
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Makes: 6 (1 1/3 cups each) Servings
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 3 cups whole wheat penne pasta, cooked
- 1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Recipe Instructions:Preheat oven to 375°F.
Brown meat in large skillet; drain. Add pasta, sauce and half the Parmesan; mix well.
Spoon pasta mixture into 13x9-inch baking dish; top with remaining cheeses.
Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.