Image used is for illustration purposes only, actual recipe may vary.
Smart Shopper Tip:*Substitute 2 cups cooked barley, brown rice or quinoa for the farro if desired.
Try this Farro Salad with Fresh Cherries, Feta and Almond Recipe
Author: Chilean Cherries
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Makes: 6 (about 3/4 cup each) Servings
Bulk Foods Recipe: Bin #2016
- 1 cup farro, rinsed*
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups fresh Chilean cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
Recipe Instructions:To make the farro:
1. Combine farro, water and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer, cover and cook until the farro is tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain any remaining liquid and fluff with a fork.
3. Spread the farro out on a large rimmed baking sheet to cool for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, oil, pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add cherries, feta, almonds, onion, mint and the farro. Gently stir to combine.