Try this Filet Mignon Pork with Buttery Mushrooms Recipe
Author: Smithfield® Pork
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb. whole mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Smithfield® Garlic & Herb Seasoned Pork Loin Filet, cut into 8 thick slices
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; when melted and beginning to brown, add mushrooms and onions; cook 10 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside on separate plate.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon butter. When melted and beginning to brown, add pork slices; cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side until internal temperature reaches 150°F; set aside. Reserve 4 pork “steaks” for the Cheddary Pork and Corn Casserole recipe.
3. Place 4 remaining pork “steaks” on serving platter. Return mushrooms, any accumulated juices and remaining 1 tablespoon butter to skillet; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until mushrooms are glazed. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon over steaks and sprinkle with parsley. - See more at: http://www.smithfield.com/meal-ideas/real-flavor-real-fast/filet-mignon-pork-with-buttery-mushrooms/#sthash.lmaJWACt.dpuf