Try this Garlic Smoked Pepper Grilled Cheese Recipe
Author: Recipe provided by Crave Portland, Tillamook®
Prep Time: 60 Minutes
Total Time: 70 Minutes
Makes: 1 Servings
- ½ cup (1 stick) Tillamook® Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (variety of rosemary, basil, sage, thyme & marjoram), finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 Tillamook® Smoked Black Pepper White Cheddar Cheese Slice
- 1 Tillamook® Sharp Cheddar Cheese Slice
Recipe Instructions:Garlic Herb Butter: 1) Place butter, garlic, herbs, and salt in a bowl, and mix until thoroughly combined. (Tip: Chop dry herbs quickly by using a clean coffee grinder)
2) Place the butter on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log, sealing the wrap tightly around the butter. Before using, let the butter chill for an hour or more to allow the butter to infuse the flavors. Extra butter can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 60 days.
Grilled Cheese: 1) Heat a griddle to medium heat. Butter each slice of bread on one side and lay each butter-side-down.
2) Place cheese slices between the bread and close. Add sandwiches to the griddle. Once golden brown, gently flip and repeat until cheese is melted and inside is hot.