Try this Green Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
Prep Time:15 Minutes
Total Time:40 Minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 can (28oz.) Las palmas® Green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups chicken breast cooked, shredded
- 1/3 cup 1/3-less-fat-cream cheese softened
- 1 cup fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
- 8 6′′ corn tortillas
- Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup queso fresco crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 4 lime wedges
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
Recipe Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine first four ingredients in blender; process until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, combine chicken and cream cheese in a large bowl. stir in 1/2 cup salsa mixture. Reserve remaining salsa mixture.
4. Bring broth to a simmer in a medium skillet. Working with one tortilla at a time, add tortilla to pan; cook 20 seconds or until moist, turning once. Remove tortilla; drain on paper towels. spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of tortilla; roll up. place tortilla, seam-side down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
5. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, broth and chicken mixture. pour remaining salsa mixture over enchiladas; sprinkle evenly with queso fresco and chili powder.
6. Bake at 425°F for 18 minutes or until thoroughly heated. serve with lime wedges. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.