Try this Grilled Cheese with Fig Jam and Smoked Ham Recipe
Author: Recipe provided by Darigold®
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
- 8 slices artisan multi-grain whole-wheat bread
- ¼ cup prepared fig jam
- 8 thin slices Black Forest ham
- 8 thin slices half-sour pickles (optional; dill pickles may be substituted)
- 2 cups grated Darigold® cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Darigold® butter, softened
Recipe Instructions:1. Preheat a waffle iron.
2. Spread fig jam onto 4 slices of bread. Top with ham, pickles and cheddar cheese, dividing evenly. Cover with remaining bread slices and butter tops of sandwiches.
3. Place one sandwich at a time on the waffle iron, butter side down, and butter remaining side. Grill until browned and cheddar cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
4. Remove to oven, preheated to 250°F, to keep warm. Repeat with remaining sandwiches and serve immediately.