Smart Shopper Tip:We list just some basic toppings here, but feel free to use your favorites on this versatile burger!
Try this Grilled Italian Sausage Burgers Recipe
Author: Isernio's© Sausage
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Makes: 3-4 Servings
- 1 16-oz. Roll Isernio’s© Italian Chicken Sausage, Mild or Hot
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 4 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Provolone Cheese, sliced (Or another preferred kind of cheese)
- Red Onion, thin sliced
Recipe Instructions:1) Pre-heat grill to medium low. Using a paper towel and tongs, coat the grates on the grill with olive oil.
2) Cut sausage roll lengthwise and remove all sausage onto cutting board. Rub a little olive oil on your hands, so the sausage doesn’t stick. Form 3 - 4 patties with hands.
3) Place on oiled grill, close lid and grill 5 minutes per side.
4) While the sausage is cooking, brush both insides of the buns with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and place on grill the last 5 minutes of grilling the sausage.
5) Turn buns over, place burgers on buns with a slice of Provolone, with the lid open for about 1 minute, to watch for the cheese to melt. Top with sliced red onion and serve.