Try this Holiday Tree Brownies Recipe
Author: General Mills®
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 160 Minutes
Makes: 15 Servings
- 1 box (1 lb 6.25 oz) Betty Crocker™ Supreme original brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 2 or 3 drops green food color
- 2/3 cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (from 16-oz container)
- Betty Crocker™ Decorating Decors red and green candy sprinkles or miniature candy-coated chocolate baking bits
- Miniature candy canes (2 inch), unwrapped
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Line 9-inch square pan with foil so foil extends about 2 inches over sides of pan. Grease bottom only of foil with shortening or cooking spray.
2. Make brownie mix as directed on box for 9-inch square pan. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove from pan by lifting foil; peel foil away. To cut brownie into triangles, cut into 3 rows. Cut each row into 5 triangles (see diagram). Save smaller pieces for snacking.
3. Stir food color into frosting. Spoon frosting into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; partially seal bag. Cut off tiny bottom corner of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe frosting over brownies. Sprinkle with decors.
4. Break off curved end of candy cane; insert straight piece into bottoms of triangles to make tree trunks.