Try this Lamb Shepherd’s Pie with Biscuit Lids Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Makes: 6 Servings
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen carrots and peas, defrosted and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) plain tomato sauce
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. dried parsley
- ¼ tsp. dried marjoram
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 Tbsp. sharp cheddar, fine grated
- ¼ tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium butter, melted
1. Pre-heat oven to 425°.
2. In a large heavy-bottom skillet, cook meat over medium heat, breaking it up into small pieces. After 2 minutes, add the celery and onion and continue cooking until meat is no longer pink, about 8 minutes; drain excess fat and moisture. Add the vegetables, tomato sauce, herbs, salt and pepper and cook until heated through, about 5 – 6 minutes. Spoon into six 8-ounce ramekins; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix, cheese and rosemary. Slowly stir in milk and butter until just combined. Spread dough over each of the ramekins and place them on a baking sheet. Cook for 10 – 12 minutes or until the biscuit tops are golden brown. Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes and enjoy!