Try this Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 60 Minutes
- 8oz Unsalted Butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 pounds assorted fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup wild rice, rinsed and pre-cooked
- 1 pint Organic Valley Half & Half
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in a large stock pot over low heat until foaming. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes on medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper. Add broth and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
3. Add rice and heat through.
4. Stir in half & half and nutmeg.
5. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.