Try this Peppery Country Pork Stew Recipe
Author: Smithfield® Pork
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 8 Hours 15 Minutes Minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 Smithfield® Peppercorn & Garlic Seasoned Pork Tenderloins, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium yellow onions, quartered
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 8 oz. dry egg noodles, cooked according to package instructions
1. Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high. Working in 2 batches, brown pork, about 4 minutes each batch, turning occasionally. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil for second batch.
2. Meanwhile, combine carrots, onions, bell peppers, 1/2 cup water, bouillon granules and thyme in a 5-quart slow cooker. Top with browned pork, cover and cook on High for 4 hours Low: 8 hours).
3. Combine cornstarch and remaining 2 tablespoons water until dissolved; stir into pork mixture with peas. Cover and cook on High for 15 minutes to thicken slightly. Salt to taste.
4. Reserve 3 cups of pork mixture for the “Skillet Pot Pie” recipe. Serve remaining pork stew in shallow bowls over cooked egg noodles.