Image used is for illustration purposes only, actual recipe may vary.
Try this Raw Italian Balsamic and Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
Prep Time: Minutes
Total Time:60+ Minutes
Makes: 6 Servings
Bulk Foods Recipe: Bin #2038 - RAW CASHEW PIECES
- 1 1/4 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoons raw agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon rich balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sunflower lecithin (can be omitted, see recipe notes)
- 2 cups cashews, soaked 2+ hours
- 3 cups strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw agave nectar
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sunflower lecithin; powder or liquid (can be omitted, see recipe notes)
For the Strawberry Balsamic Swirl:
For the Ice Cream Base:
Recipe Instructions:For the Strawberry Balsamic Swirl:
In the blender combine the strawberries, sweetener, balsamic vinegar and lecithin. Blend until smooth.
Place in a squeeze bottle and chill until ready to use.
For the Ice Cream Base:
Be sure to soak your cashews in water for at least 2 hours. This will soften the nuts which in return will help them blend nice and creamy. After soaking, drain and rinse well.
In a high-powered blender combine the cashews, strawberries, water, salt, agave, coconut oil, and vanilla. Blend for 3-5 minutes; process till nice and creamy. Now add the lecithin and blend until incorporated.
Chill the mixture for about 1 hour in the fridge (If time permits, chill ice cream mixture overnight, this gives the ingredients time to really meld together).
Freezing Suggestions for Ice Cream:
1. Use ice cream machine. Follow manufactures directions.
2. Freeze in popsicle molds or 3 oz paper cups with a popsicle stick inserted.
3. Pour ice cream into a freezer safe container and stir occasionally as it freezes.
Remove ice cream from freezer and let sit for about 10 minutes to soften. Pour 1/2 of the ice cream into your container of choice. Heavily drizzle the strawberry balsamic sauce over the ice cream. With a skewer or a knife, swirl the sauce into the ice cream. Add the remaining ice cream and repeat the sauce process, then freeze.
Notes ~ The lecithin helps improve the texture and thickening. You can omit it if you don’t have any. You can also use any other liquid sweetener in place of agave.
Recipe courtesy of/adapted from : Amie Sue - Nouveau Raw
Find original recipe post on Nouveau Raw | Get more Nouveau Raw recipes