Try this Shoulder Chops with Chipotle Cherry Sauce Recipe
Author: Recipe provided by American Lamb Board
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
- 4 American Lamb chops (loin, rib, sirloin or shoulder)
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup ruby red port* (*1/2 cup of alcohol-free red cooking wine and 1 tablespoon sugar may be substituted.)
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo, canned, drained, minced
- Salt, to taste
Recipe Instructions:In a medium-sized saucepan, over medium heat, cook onion in butter for about 2 minutes. Add port and stir; simmer until liquid is reduced by 1/3.
Stir in dried cherries , chicken stock , honey and thyme ; simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Thicken sauce by mixing 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and whisking into simmering mixture. Add chipotle peppers and salt .
Cook times will vary depending on thickness of chops. For 1-inch chops, broil, grill or pan-fry chops over medium heat for approximately 4 to 6 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Spoon warmed sauce over chops.