Smart Shopper Tip:*This recipe calls for Baby Reds® but any variety of mashed potatoes works great so experiment to find your favorite! You can also serve alone or as a side with meatloaf, steak or chicken.
Try this Smashed Potatoes Recipe
Author: Idahoan Potatoes© - Idahoan Chef David Macfarlane
Prep Time: 7 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 4-oz package Idahoan Baby Red© Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
Recipe Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 400°F degrees.
2. Prepare Idahoan Baby Red Mashed Potatoes following package instructions.
3. Preheat a cast iron skillet or a ovenproof skillet on medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Divide the mashed potatoes into 4 scoops and place on the skillet.
4. Top each with green onions, then with the cheese, dividing the toppings evenly among the potatoes.
5. Cook until bottom of the potatoes begin to crisp, then place the skillet in the oven and continue to cook until cheese is melted on top, about 7 minutes.