Image used is for illustration purposes only, actual recipe may vary.
Smart Shopper Tip:Some like it dipped in soy sauce, some like it with ketchup... some like it as is. Try it all the different ways and let us know which what you like it best!
Try this SPAM© Musubi Recipe
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 45-60 Minutes
Makes: 6-8 (depending on thickness of sliced SPAM©) Servings
Bulk Foods Recipe: Bin #1716
- 1 can SPAM© (regular-sized)
- 1/4 cup Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Nori (Roasted seaweed used for sushi)
- 5-6 cups cooked sushi rice
Recipe Instructions:1. Slice the SPAM© into about 8-10 slices (depending on how thick you like it) and put in a plastic bag. Mix together oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar until sugar is dissolved and add to the bag with the SPAM©. Marinate for about 15 minutes.
2. Drain off marinade and fry SPAM© on each side over medium heat until slightly crispy or until desired doneness. (Some people like to glaze the SPAM© with the marinade/sauce AFTER frying
3. Clean the empty SPAM© can, and place plastic wrap inside. Put one strip of Nori inside (shiny side down), across the middle of the can. Add rice on top of Nori, pressing down firmly and evenly, so there is about 1-11/2 inches of rice (if the rice starts to stick too much, dip it in water. You will notice you will have to dip your fingers in water quite a bit because the rice is so sticky.) Add one slice of the cooked SPAM© to the top.
4. Bring the sides of the plastic wrap up to the top, and twist to seal the ingredients together. Wrap up one side of the Nori and stick it to the top of the SPAM©, then wrap up the other side. Just like you are wrapping a nice little package. Use a little water on your finger to seal if needed. Serve warm.