Try this Stuffed Caramel Cake-Mix Cookies Recipe
Author: General Mills®
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 230 Minutes
Makes: 20 Servings
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 20 Lancaster™ caramel soft crèmes, unwrapped (from 8-oz package)
- 1/2 cup coarse white sparkling sugar
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, stir together cake mix and flour. In small bowl, stir melted butter, 1/4 cup caramel sauce, egg, water and vanilla until blended. Add butter mixture to cake mix-flour mixture; beat with spoon until well blended. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. Shape dough into 20 (2-inch) balls. Press 1 caramel into center of each cookie, making sure to form dough around caramel to enclose; reshape into balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
4. Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
5. Drizzle 2 tablespoons caramel sauce over cookies. Let stand about 2 hours or until caramel is set.