Try this Sweet Bourbon Kabobs Recipe
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Makes: 2 to 4 Servings
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Bratwurst
- 2 Cubanelle peppers, medium sized
- 1 medium purple onion
- 8 to 12 cherry tomatoes
- 6 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup bourbon (Woodford Reserve for the recipe)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- OPTIONAL: 4 cans light beer for pre-boiling brats
1. Bring beer to a boil in a pot large enough to partially cook the bratwurst. While that is coming to a boil mix Worcestershire, garlic powder, liquid smoke, brown sugar, bourbon and ginger in a small pot. Let that come to a boil then allow to simmer until the mixture has reduced by 50%.
2. Place brats in boiling beer and flash boil them for about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove and chop each brat into quarters. Dip them into the still simmering bourbon mixture and remove from heat.
3. Chop pepper and purple onion into large enough pieces to skewer and match the size of the brats. Skewer all items in any order you prefer.
4. Take leftover bourbon mixture and use to brush over the kabobs while grilling. Cook on grill for around 10 minutes, basting frequently.