Smart Shopper Tip:*Use tip of handle of wooden spoon to make hole in center of each patty for uniform cooking. The hole will close as the patties cook.
Try this Swiss and Bacon Sliders Recipe
Author: Sargento© Cheese
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Makes: 8 Servings
- 2 lbs. ground chuck
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 16 Sargento© Sliced Swiss Cheese
- 1 medium onion, slices
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) sliced mixed mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 16 slider bunds, toasted if desired
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package (4.3-4.5 oz.) real crumbled bacon
Recipe Instructions:1. Combine meat, salt and pepper. Shape to form 16 patties, about ½-inch thick.
2. Cook on ridged grill pan or in skillet preheated on medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes per side or until internal temperature is 160°F. Top each patty with a slice of Swiss cheese.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in separate large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add 1 pkg. mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned; remove to a plate. Add remaining oil and mushrooms to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned. Add Worcestershire sauce and onion-mushroom mixture; stir.
4. Spread ½ Tbsp. mayonnaise on bottom of each bun. Place patties on buns; top each with onion-mushroom mixture. Sprinkle about 1 Tbsp. bacon on each and close with bun tops.