Image used is for illustration purposes only, actual recipe may vary.
Smart Shopper Tip:Nutrition information per serving: 190 calories, 12G protein, 12G carbohydrates, 11G fat, 4G saturated fat, 518MG sodium, 2G dietary fiber.
Try this Tomato Potato and Asparagus Frittata Recipe
Author: Tomato Wellness
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Makes: 6 Servings
Bulk Foods Recipe: Bin #1666
- 6 eggs
- 2 TBSP milk
- ½ TSP dried basil
- ¼ TSP black pepper
- ¼ C feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 C asparagus, sliced into ½-inch slices on the diagonal
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ pound baby red potatoes, diced into ½-inch cubes and boiled until firm but tender
- 1 ounce prosciutto, chopped
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- ¼ C parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ⅓ C prepared tomato salsa
Recipe Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Beat eggs, milk, basil and pepper until smooth. Mix in feta cheese. Set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a 10-21 inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
4. Add the asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, add garlic and saute another minute. Add potatoes and prosciutto, and saute two more minutes.
5. Pour tomatoes over top and arrange ingredients evenly in skillet.
6. Pour the egg mixture over skillet mixture and cook (without stirring) for 2-3 minutes.
7. Place skillet in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
8. When the center is beginning to firm, top with parmesan cheese and increase oven temperature to broil. Broil for 1-2 minutes, watching closely for ideal browning, and remove.
9. Let sit for 2 minutes, slice into wedges and serve with one tablespoon on salsa on top.