Try this Whole Grain Buttermilk Waffles Recipe
Prep Time:30 Minutes
Total Time:30 Minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 cup Fiber One® original bran cereal
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup Gold Medal® whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Maple syrup, if desired
- Fresh raspberries, if desired
Recipe Instructions:1. Heat waffle maker. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plas- tic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor).
2. In large bowl, mix cereal and buttermilk; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in egg, oil and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients just until smooth. (Batter will be thick.)
3. For each waffle, brush hot waffle maker with vegetable oil. Spread batter onto center of hot waffle maker. (Waffle makers vary in size; check manufacturer's directions for recommended amount of batter.) Close lid of waffle maker.
4. Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown. Carefully remove waffle. Serve immediately. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with maple syrup and raspberries.