News from the WinCo Produce Guy – February 2017Posted: February 2, 2017 | Posted By: The Produce Guy
HELLO! Can you believe a month has gone by since we met here last? I know I’m still excited about it being a new, healthier year & sticking to resolutions – and I hope you are too!
Did you know that February is National Snack Foods Month? While I love a good potato chip or cookie (the WinCo Foods Brand Chocolate Chip Cookies are my weakness); I wouldn’t be the WinCo Produce Guy without giving you a few alternatives from my Department with What’s in Season this month. Check them out below, and as always, be sure to share any ideas with me in the store or on the official WinCo Facebook page!
- Broccoli – Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Cabbage – Cabbage & Ramen Salad
- Brussels Sprouts – Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- Fennel – Roasted Fennel with Parmesan, Black Pepper and Chives Recipe
- Cauliflower – Parmesan Cauliflower Bites
- Citrus – Broiled Grapefruit
- Kale – 15 Ways to Make your Own Kale Chips
- Parsnips – Baked Parsnip Fries with Rosemary
- Radishes – Spicy Quick Pickled Radishes
- Leeks – Warm Caramelized Fennel and Leek Cheese Dip