News from the Produce GuyPosted: March 5, 2015 | Posted By: The Produce Guy
Easter is just around the corner, and if you know ‘somebunny’ who likes produce as much as I do..then be sure to check out a few of these highlights in your WinCo Produce Department! :)
- Navel oranges are the sweetest of the season!
- Cutie Clementine’s are also loaded with sweet flavor and kids love them…and this Quinoa Clementine Salad, you’re sure to love too!
- Asparagus season has just started with tender and sweet spheres, perfect for this Parmesan Garlic recipe!
- Pineapples are very large & go great with Easter ham…and try this recipe for Hawaiian Grilled Cheese with the leftovers!
- Strawberry season is just starting – be sure to look for fresh Rhubarb to make a Strawberry-rhubarb pie..or this Grilled Rhubarb Brown Betty!
- Artichokes are also just getting started – have you ever had them GRILLED? If you haven’t, try this recipe…it’s sure to be a new favorite!